The Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (SISEF) recognizes the importance of protecting the information collected from users in the operation of its services and takes reasonable steps to maintain the security, integrity, and privacy of any information in accordance with the EU GDPR which has taken effect on May 25th, 2018. By submitting your information to SISEF sites you consent to the practices described in this policy.
Mailing List Subscribers
SISEF disseminates information such as content alerts, information on upcoming initiatives, scientific meetings, sectorial news, etc. through e-mail to the subscribers of the SISEF online services (Content Alerts and Newsletter). Subscribers are expected to receive on average 2/3 e-mail messages per month to their mailbox.
Subscriptions to the Content Alert services are collected through suitable on-line forms, where users are requested to provide their personal information and e-mail. By sending such information, subscribers do accept to be included in the SISEF mailing list and to receive by e-mail the electronic material described above. Personal data maintained in the SISEF database and subscriptions to the mailing lists may be modified at any time by subscribers by directly accessing to their record upon authentication through the SISEF web pages (see below, and the section “Privacy Information Notice” as well).
SISEF will not disclose in any way the subscribers’ information included in the SISEF mailing lists to any people, company or third organizations or parties.
Subscribers of the Content Alert services can unsubscribe the SISEF mailing list at any time at the following URL:
(iForest Content Alert) http://lists.sisefnews.org/listinfo/iforest-alert
(Forest@ Content Alert) http://lists.sisefnews.org/listinfo/foresta-alert
(SISEF Newsletter) http://lists.sisefnews.org/listinfo/sisef-newsletter
Personal data and subscriptions can also be changed by individual users upon authentication at https://mps.sisef.org/users/. Moreover, subscribers can request to be definitively canceled from mailing lists by sending an e-mail message to the following address: email@example.com, clearly indicating the term “unsubscribe” in the subject and the e-mail address to be removed. Upon the reception of the message, SISEF will permanently erase any kind of previously-collected user’s personal data/information from the SISEF mailing lists, and any record on the SISEF websites will be no longer accessible to the user. SISEF does not take the responsibility for any consequence related to deletion of the user’s record.
Authors submitting any content for publication on the SISEF websites (including the journals) are requested to provide their personal information (name, surname, working address, e-mail) by fulfilling suitable on-line forms. Such information is collected for purpose of attribution of the published content to their authors. By submitting such information, the authors do accept to be included in the SISEF mailing list and to receive the electronic material described above by e-mail.
SISEF will not disclose in any way the authors’ information included in the SISEF mailing list to any people, company or third organizations or parties, except the basic information required for the attribution of published contents, which will be freely accessible to anyone through the SISEF web pages.
Members and Participants to Working Groups (GdL)
As a scientific society with aims of scientific dissemination, divulgation, and extension, SISEF reserves the right to make public on its websites several non-sensitive personal data of its members and participants to Working Groups (e.g., name, surname, affiliation, etc.), subject to their explicit consent released through suitable and secure online forms and procedures. However, removal of their personal data from SISEF websites can be explicitly requested by members and participants to working groups by at any time by sending an e-mail message to following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Privacy and Data Protection Information Notice – EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
The Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (SISEF) with legal office in Viterbo (c/o Department for Innovation in Biological, Agri-Food and Forestry Systems – DIBAF, University of Tuscia, v. San Camillo de Lellis snc, I -01100 – email: email@example.com) is responsible for the maintenance and processing of personal data collected on its websites according to EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR).
Types of Collected Data
- Technical navigation/traffic data (IP address, browser features, time and date of page visualization, referrals, etc.);
- Personal data (such as name, surname, affiliation, email, etc.) collected through suitable online forms for purposes of providing content alert services by email or for the attribution of contents published on the SISEF websites.
Access to Personal Data
Any individual user of the SISEF websites can access, visualize and modify his/her personal data maintained in the SISEF database upon authentication at the URL https://mps.sisef.org/users/. Access to data is also granted to system administrators nominated by SISEF for managing and/or editorial purposes (e.g., manuscript assignment for peer-review) or for technical/organizational tasks (e.g., organization of congresses, workshops, etc.).
Data Maintenance and Protection
Website users, mailing list subscribers and the members of the Society will be granted at any time with the rights listed in the article 12 of the GDPR. In particular:
- the right to be informed if SISEF maintains/processes his/her personal data, to fully access his/her records, and to obtain a copy of all his/her personal data;
- the right to correct inaccurate information or integrate incomplete data recorded in the SISEF database;
- the right to fully erase his/her personal record in the SISEF database, if any of the reasons provided for by the GDPR does apply;
- the right to ask SISEF for processing only a part of his/her personal data, if any of the reasons provided for by the GDPR does apply;
- the right to request and receive all his/her personal data or to transfer his/her record to other holders with no impediments.
The above rights can be exercised by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer
According to the article 37 of GDPR, SISEF secretary has been appointed as the data protection officer in charge of managing the requests related to users’ privacy, to be contacted at email@example.com.
- Basic technical cookies: these cookies are needed for ensuring the appropriate website working, allowing the navigation through pages, the content sharing, and the storage/recovery of security information for authenticated users through pages.
- Basic technical cookies for web metrics and performance analysis: these cookies allow to trace the website usage by counting the single-page visualizations and measuring the download speed for each page, the mean visit length by a single user, and recording page referrals. All the collected information is anonymous and not connected to any user personal data. All the above web metrics are collected for internal use by Google Analytics™ (see the corresponding Privacy Notice) through suitable anonymous scripts included in the pages.